Friday 17 February 2012

Artists who are friends. Alternative title - Friends who are artists. Stephane Lauzon

These photographs are from my freind Stephane Lauzon. He teaches at SPAO (the School of photographic Arts in Ottawa), as well as works at the CAO (the Council for the Arts in Ottawa), where I am on the board and hang out a lot. I love his work - they always display a dry sense of humour - my favorite.
The first are from a series, titled "Things I Should Do but Photographed Instead", that he based on the theme of procrastination.
Instead of doing household chores, he took pictures of them.
.



I love them. I think they are funny, and I like that they are round.
Ironically, he never got around to finishing the series.

He also has a series entitled "The Photographers" , wherein he  secretly photographs people taking photographs, ensuring to include the person taking the picture as well as the subject. He makes sure to keep the subject in the appropriate amount of focus for the camera being utilized,usually a bit blury.







I love them as well.
 I am currently in negotiations with Stephane to obtain one for my personal collection.
 The negotiations are at a very exciting stage now.

1 comment: