Wednesday 22 February 2012

Local artists to keep an eye on - Rémi Thériault

Local artist Rémi Thériault is a commercial and editorial photographer who is hot in demand now.


We always try to get him to shot our events at The Council for the Arts in Ottawa,
and he shot last week's
Annual Sweetheart Cocktail for the Arts, which was a blast!

Here is some recent work;

 These are part of a series called 'Dressed to Impress";










This is a photo taken in Flanders Field during a
recent trip to Europe where he photographed historical WWI sites.




These is from a shoot for Edgar, a little foodie shop across the river in Hull.
The idea was to develop a vintage look with the employees and produce a nice little calendar.
 I love it.





These are from a series he is currently working on about Vimy;



The first few were from a trip to Vimy during the Christmas holidays. Remi writes
"I had studied Canadian History at University, but didn't know much of WWI. I thought a good starting point would be to travel to historical sites that had the most significance for Canadian Military history." 
 "I spent half the day walking around and taking photos with my 4x5 and Polaroid Land camera. What fascinated me most was the contrast between what happened nearly a hundred years ago and how today the landscape is organised and beautiful."
I think these are stunning and can't wait to see the finished work.


This is a  photo of Remi's parents in one of the craters near the famous Vimy Ridge Memorial.

I will post something when he has the show.
 I would love one of the snowy shots above, for my contemporary art collection.
Just saying is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment